VME aims to introduce talented instrumentalists, vocalists, conductors, ensembles and orchestras to wide audience at the most famous concert venues of Austria. For this purpose VME launches the Debut Nights Concert Series which will be taking place at the concert halls of the Wiener Musikverein, the Wiener Konzerthaus; the International Mozarteum Foundation, Salzburg; the Haydn Hall of the Esterhazy Palace, Eisenstadt; the Ehrbar Hall, Vienna or other concert halls if requested.
All instruments, including piano, strings, voice, winds, as well es chamber and vocal ensembles, chamber and symphony orchestras are welcome to participate in the Debut Nights Concert Series.
For detailed information please contact Mag. Dmitri Klimenko. Contact languages: English, German, Japanese, Korean, Chinese, Russian, Italian.
Application and Participation Guidelines
- Applications are accepted from musicians of all nationalities over the age of 18. There is no upper age limit. Special arrangements may be made for talented young musicians under the age of 18, however they must be accompanied by a parent or guardian at all times.
- The application must contain the following:
- All the information requested on the Application Form
- DVD Recording (submitted by post) or YouTube Link
- VME offers the options of solo, duo and group recital/concert (up to 6 participants).
- VMA takes into account each applicant’s preference for a particular concert hall.
- There is no application deadline.
- Date and location of the next concert of the Debut Nights Concert Series will be announced at the website as soon as a number of participants of a concert at a certain location is finalized.
- Participants are responsible for hotel and travel costs. If required we can recommend our partner hotels with special offers.
- Participants from overseas are responsible for obtaining their visas. VME will provide all necessary invitations for obtaining visas.
- All participants will be provided with practice opportunity. Musicians are expected to arrive 1-2 days before the performance. Accompanists will be readily available to the participants if requested.
- Video and audio recording services are provided on demand.
DVD or Youtube Submission Quality Guidelines
- Applicants must submit You Tube records or DVD with 20 minute performance (the repertoire is completely free), unedited.
- You Tube (DVD) submissions should be fair representations of the applicant's abilities. The recordings are not required to be of professional quality.
- All applicants must perform from memory (except ensemble and symphony orchestra)
- The recording must be clearly labeled on the outside with your name.
- Audition DVDs will not be returned.
Mailing Address: Vienna Music Event, Paulanergasse 12/3, 1040 Vienna, Austria